Raingun irrigators are ideal for spreading dairy effluent and/or water irrigation on land where the contour is unsuitable for travelling irrigators, or you need to pump large volumes in a short time.
Low application depths and rates reduces the risk of ponding and run-off making them especially suitable for poor draining soils and sloping land.
Waikato Milking Systems has a range of three raingun irrigators:
• Royal, a low to medium capacity gun suitable for electric pumps or medium volume PTO pumps
• Reflex, a medium capacity gun suitable for high volume PTO pumps and stationary diesel pumps
• Explorer, a high capacity gun suitable for high volume PTO pumps and contractors
• Simple to set and adjust
• No long boom arms to avoid and easy to move around
• Towable sled or trailer options
• Good even spread prevents ponding
• Ability to do partial arches makes them ideal when spraying near drains or into a breeze
• Handle up to 170m3 per hour
• Application rate of 4-8mm per hour